Thanks to all the past and current firefighters in Santa Clara and around the world!
Below is a picture of the Tanner Hose Company, one of the first firehouses in Santa Clara.
In 1878 the employees of the Santa Clara Tannery organized the Tanner Hose Company. Jacob Eberhard bought a hose cart and 500 feet of hose. Tanner Hose was one of 5 companies that formed the volunteer fire department.
Source: "Images of America: Santa Clara"