At the OQRA General Meeting held on February 24th, 2018, the following officers were voted in:
2018 OQRA Board Members:
Suds Jain- Vice President
Mark Kelsey- Member-at-Large
Other activities at the General Meeting:
Each nominee introduced themselves and their role on board. Ballots distributed and members voted. 21 ballots collected. All nominees received 21 “yes” votes.
1) Tracy from the Mission Library gave a presentation about the renovations being done at the Mission Library.
2) Santa Clara University Presentation. Chris Shay gave a presentation regarding status of projects at SCU. He introduced OQRA to new President Mike Crowley. He stated he felt it was important for SCU to have a good relationship with neighborhood.
3) Allie Cionco. Off campus area coordinator at SCU, discussed her role as a liaison between students, SCPD, and Old Quad neighborhood. Tessa, student body representative at SCU was also present and expressed desire to be involved with OQRA.
4) Janet announced three upcoming events (Easter Egg Hunt, Lawn Bowling and Parade of Champions) and requested volunteers.
5) Adam gave update on Prometheus project. Project has been approved by HLC and will be going before Planning Commission and City Council soon. Adam states developer has been asked to grant an easement to city on a section of land which is located on Franklin Street in exchange for residents support of 344 units.