"Tools" for Your "Toolbox" - A Historic Preservation Workshop
Sponsored by the City of Santa Clara Historical and Landmarks Commission Co-sponsored by the South Bay Historic Railroad Society May12,2018-1–5p.m.
Santa Clara Railroad Depot, 1005 Railroad Avenue, Santa Clara, CA
City Historian, City of Santa Clara
Principal, Beyond Buildings
(City of Santa Clara Historical and Landmarks Commission, Historical Advisor)
1. California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) - Title 14. California Code of Regulations. Article 9. Section
15126.4 - and how it relates to historic resource identification and evaluation.
2. Recording Historical Resources - Preparing and using The California Historic Resources Inventory Forms (the
DPR 523 series) to integrate historic resource surveys into the planning process.
Craig Mineweaser, AIA
Principal Preservation Architect
Mineweaser & Associates
(City of Santa Clara Historical and Landmarks Commission, Historical Architectural Advisor)
How to use the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for CEQA reviews.
2. “ The CHBC - It’s Not Just a Building Code Anymore!”
Using our California Historical Building Code as a planning tool.
Linda Hylkema, RPA
Director, Cultural Resource Management
Santa Clara University
(City of Santa Clara Historical and Landmarks Commission, Archaeological Advisor)
1. CEQA 101: Cultural Resources Mitigation A to Z
"But It's All Disturbed" (Not!): the Myth of Urban Archaeology and CEQA.
1. “ We Have Our Standards!”
2. Creative Archaeological Mitigation in the 21st Century: Examples from Santa Clara University.