High Speed Rail
Your input Today will shape the future Tomorrow
(NOW = tomorrow)
Why should I care: High Speed Rail (HSR) has funding to complete the environmental impact report (ERI) this year. The decisions made this year will be valid for next 10 years even if the project is put on hold.
Issue: 60 FT elevated HSR running through Santa Clara (think of an elevated 60 FT concrete freeway running through the skyline of the Santa Clara Foothills) or the alternative “at Grade” (ground level).
- 60 FT elevation does not match the City’s high-density housing vision on undeveloped property near the site (high speed rail at eye level in a five or six story building?
- Obstructed views of the Santa Clara Valley Foothills
- Possible noise impact to Santa Clara residents
- Attend the High Speed Rail presentation specifically addressing the San Jose to SF Corridor.
When: March 14, 2017 @ 6 PM – 8 PM
Where: Santa Clara Womans Club Adobe - 3260 The Alameda
- Review previous presentations to have an interactive conversation at the HSR team on 3/14/2017
Santa Clara Community Working Group presentation 1/31 on the High-Speed Rail
Detailed diagrams/maps (which illustrates both long and short viaduct options
Viaduct over north San Jose
HSR Noise Dissipation